About Me...

My name is Erica Burrell. I am a junior at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Elementary Education. I plan to graduate in Fall 2011. I have wanted to be a teacher since second grade. My second grade teacher, Mrs. Powe, inspired me. She also made a difference in my life. Like her, I would love to make a difference my students' lives!

Google for Educators- Custom Search Engine

Google for Educators is a search engine that allows teachers and students to create a personalized, customized search engine that searches only across sites that the teachers specify. It eliminates websites that are not relevant to the subject matter. This tool can help students stay on task, rather than clicking on unnecessary websites. When I create a custom search engine for my students, I can search the websites beforehand and add the websites that I think are helpful for the students.